Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: SOLAR FLUX INDEX AUGUST 8 2024 REPORTED AS 303
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On a scale of 66 to 365, the 303 if correct for today is really high and has not been this high for many many years.

On may 11 and 12  2020 the solar flux index was 66 which is rock bottom of the SFI scale

So over 4 years 3 months we have climbed to 303

Now.... if it was equinox time right now we would be working the world on 6 metres and other high bands.

The highest i have ever personally seen it was 365 for about 1 day when i was a young bloke
cheers
graham vk6ro

e&oe
Hi Graham,

Thanks for this update from the past mate.

My best memories was working stateside and south and central america in the late 80s on 10m SSB so I am really looking forward to this again and hopefully as you said during our next two up and coming equinoxes. 

I will also be monitoring 6m during this time as I am yet to make a contact on this band!

George
De VK6NKG

EDITED by admin to remove (an unnecessary) repeat of earlier post text.  Please use New Reply button to avoid this when replying to existing posts..
Thanks Graham.
Already seeing decodes of EU FT8 stations MD0, SM7, LA2, ON over the last few nights into Carnarvon  - but Rx only.
Also JA/BA stations are also being seen for increasing periods.  From memory, last year, no EY stations were seen until well into September - fingers crossed.
She cannae take any more, Captain! She's gonna blow!