Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )

Full Version: Outbacker Antennas / Terry Clinch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw the previous discussion located here: https://www.ahrdf.net/forum/thread-1289.html

Has anyone had any contact with Terry Clinch of Outbacker antennas in the past few months?

In April of this year I reached out to him about placing an order for a new HF mobile antenna. I was considering the Outbacker Classic, but asked if he could do one in his orange finish.

He informed me that he was recovering from COVID and catching up on orders. He said they were currently doing a run of the two piece OB88 antennas and that he could get one of that model out to me in orange "fairly quickly".

I placed the order and paid on April 27th.

I've sent 5 follow-up emails since placing the order with no reply. I know his usual lead time is 4-6 weeks and recovery from COVID can delay things, but 4+ months later I'm starting to get a bit worried.
I know Terry personally, i heard him on 2 metres maybe 2 weeks ago.

His health may not be the best but i think he works from home workshop now?

He sold the factory years ago i think.

He lives here in Perth metro area

If you email me direct vk6ro hotmail com  i will try to find a working email for him and let you know

cheers

graham vk6ro
(05-09-2024, 09:20 AM)VK6RO Wrote: [ -> ]I know Terry personally, i heard him on 2 metres maybe 2 weeks ago.

His health may not be the best but i think he works from home workshop now?

He sold the factory years ago i think.

He lives here in Perth metro area

If you email me direct vk6ro hotmail com  i will try to find a working email for him and let you know

cheers

graham vk6ro

Graham,

This is precisely the kind of response I was hoping for. I knew that someone on these forums must know him personally and that alone sets my mind at ease a bit. 

I've emailed you directly. I truly appreciate any assistance you can provide.

73' 

Ric (NB2E)