Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF )
POLL: The future of OzLogger Forum - Printable Version

+- Australian Ham Radio Discussion Forum ( AHRDF ) (https://www.ahrdf.net/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.ahrdf.net/forum/forum-29.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.ahrdf.net/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: POLL: The future of OzLogger Forum (/thread-129.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: POLL: The future of OzLogger Forum - VK2ZRH - 11-06-2017

I'm with John VK2YOC.

I like the new presentation, although the 'old' presentation was very familiar from consistent use. The various new 'usability features' are very welcome, too.

RE: POLL: The future of OzLogger Forum - VK4BZ - 26-06-2017

I believe the general consensus is that this format and the forum itself is very usable and should remain as-is. Personally, I made good use of the "other" logger and was sorely disappointed when forum part was shut down. Since then, well, I haven't been back apart from the odd check on 6m openings; but, that was some long time ago. This type of forum is vital - what got the "other" logger going was the logging aspect and that fed the forum...and vice-versa, I guess.

So - the key to success here is promotion of the forum. May I suggest you get clubs on-board and this become a technical repository as well as a chance for some gas-bagging. Yes, I know the clubs have all got their FB pages, but, like one of the earlier posters said, if you want a permanent reference, then this is the way to go.

Keep the faith, Doug!

John VK4BZ

RE: POLL: The future of OzLogger Forum - admin - 29-06-2017

(26-06-2017, 05:44 PM)VK4BZ Wrote: I believe the general consensus is that this format and the forum itself is very usable and should remain as-is. Personally, I made good use of the "other" logger and was sorely disappointed when forum part was shut down. Since then, well, I haven't been back apart from the odd check on 6m openings; but, that was some long time ago. This type of forum is vital - what got the "other" logger going was the logging aspect and that fed the forum...and vice-versa, I guess.

So - the key to success here is promotion of the forum. May I suggest you get clubs on-board and this become a technical repository as well as a chance for some gas-bagging. Yes, I know the clubs have all got their FB pages, but, like one of the earlier posters said, if you want a permanent reference, then this is the way to go.

Keep the faith, Doug!

John VK4BZ  

My view is that the Forum will continue more-or-less indefinitely -  assuming that I am still around to pay the domain name renewal indefinitely !!   There is a lot of scope for storage of data (images, PDFs etc) as there is better than 10GB currently available, more if required. The Forum was changed from PHPBB to MYBB format a month or two ago because the original software consumed too many web server resources and forced errors to arise. I am happy with MYBB and plan to stay with it now.

Actually it is up to the users to spread the "word" to their clubs and other amateurs so that they contribute their thoughts and opinions (right or wrong) to make this Forum resource more valuable.  I have been waiting to see if anyone posts some new topics or replies to anything since your post - no new posts in any thread in well over a day. I find it hard to believe that nothing of interest to others has not happened in that period.

Regarding VKLogger and its forum, there was never any intent to steal users or resources but with Adam archiving the VKLogger Forum, there just wasn't anywhere else to ask for info or seek advice of happenings ( WIA info, contests, hamfests etc..).

I am providing this Forum as a free resource for all Australian amateurs but it is up to them to use it - and other amateurs to tell them about its existence.

Doug, Admin

RE: POLL: The future of OzLogger Forum - ZL1SWW - 02-07-2017

I like the format and definitely these forums are much easier to search on subjects rather than the facebook ones. I use both but prefer forums for good technical information.

RE: POLL: The future of OzLogger Forum - admin - 03-07-2017

(02-07-2017, 08:04 PM)ZL1SWW Wrote: I like the format and definitely these forums are much easier to search on subjects rather than the facebook ones. I use both but prefer forums for good technical information.

I am providing this Forum as a free resource for all Australian amateurs but it is up to them to use it - and other amateurs to tell them about its existence.   

PS And Kiwi amateurs too....
(sorry, initial oversight of our extra territory)