Ham Radio in the Caravan
(11-08-2017, 06:01 PM)VK4ADC Wrote: Well I have finally done what I said I would do back in June : take some photos of my caravan/portable HF options. 

I have placed a new article on my web site at VK4ADC.COM appropriately titled Portable HF Antenna Options rather than face the limitations of putting quite a few images and explanatory text on this Forum posting.

Note that this article is based on my 'portable while caravanning' requirements and not my normal Field Day arrangements, details of which can be found elsewhere on that same website in a variety of other articles.

I continue to come up with different ideas - ways to implement things in a better / simpler / faster way - so that article is not all-encompassing and is just how it was done this time around. Next week it could be different.

73 Doug

Hi, Doug. Finally got some time to get back on the forum. Your set-up in the van sounds awesome. That's what I want to do is to plan where I need power points, antenna points, etc for my radio inside and outside the van. Just have to convince SWMBO that they won't look "ugly". I'll have a look at your website for some of your pics as well. 

As for me I've put the antenna arrangement on the front of my tow tug (D22 Navara) - there's two videos I have put up on YouTube that show what I've done.

By the way - being Army doesn't mean you have to do it hard! I've had enough hootchie life to last me, but still have a few more years of it in front of me. I began my decent into pogishness when I bought my swag, but fortunately, working here at the School of Inf I haven't had to spend the night out field with my boys and girls in training...I just visit them, give them coffee and Milo, say a few prayers, dig a few pits, then p!ss off back to the barracks!

Cheers!

John

Messages In This Thread
Ham Radio in the Caravan - by VK4BZ - 25-06-2017, 09:58 PM
RE: Ham Radio in the Caravan - by VK4ADC - 29-06-2017, 02:24 PM
RE: Ham Radio in the Caravan - by VK4WDM - 23-07-2017, 08:09 PM
RE: Ham Radio in the Caravan - by VK4ADC - 11-08-2017, 06:01 PM
RE: Ham Radio in the Caravan - by VK4BZ - 30-08-2017, 08:06 PM
RE: Ham Radio in the Caravan - by VK4ADC - 31-08-2017, 08:14 AM