Solar Inverter Interference
Thanks Peter, Damiem and 2WP for your replies.  That's an interesting point you have raised Peter about the air conditioning unit or some sort of pump/
solenoid device being the culprit.  You might like to elaborate on how they could generate radio interference because I know very little about solar heaters
except that they produce hot water from the sun.  Could a solenoid/pump somehow generate radio interference?  A pump could I suppose if it had worn
or dirty brushes in the electric motor part of it.

Yes Damiem, I was also wondering if the ACMA would go as far as getting a court order to force these neighbours to do a test.  The way things are going
it might very well come to that!

Thanks for your comments 2WP about the cheap solar inverter imports.  In my top post, I mentioned that one neighbour did get around to doing a test
with me on his inverter and it was cleared.  Well apparently that neighbour has a cheap Chinese inverter that has not been approved by the Australian
government.  The ACMA officer that came out has found that it has no compliance sticker on the back and he wants the entire inverter replaced!  As you
can imagine, that neighbour is now quite angry and blaming me for having his inverter condemned.  I heard that back from a another neighbour who is
quite friendly with him.  By the way, that neighbour who lives directly at the back of me claims to be having all manner of interference problems from TVI
to computer interference, mobile phone drop outs and his car burglar alarm going off every now and then!  No it's not my amateur station.  I've been
totally inactive since about 2005 mainly because of the very low solar activity.

Messages In This Thread
Solar Inverter Interference - by VK4CV - 03-10-2018, 12:47 PM
RE: Solar Inverter Interference - by VK3QI - 03-10-2018, 03:59 PM
RE: Solar Inverter Interference - by VK3RX - 03-10-2018, 07:16 PM
RE: Solar Inverter Interference - by VK2WP - 04-10-2018, 06:02 AM
RE: Solar Inverter Interference - by VK4CV - 04-10-2018, 11:42 AM
RE: Solar Inverter Interference - by VK3AV - 04-10-2018, 02:14 PM
RE: Solar Inverter Interference - by VK4CV - 05-10-2018, 09:15 AM
RE: Solar Inverter Interference - by VK3AV - 05-10-2018, 02:51 PM