VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019
Alan

My idea was to provide an alternative to the likes of 'KST' Chat when the VKLogger chat disappears. Multi-Room. No real bells. No real whistles.

Yes, AHRDF.NET is hosted in Australia. Currently hosted in a Sydney datacentre with a Brisbane NBN node as a cold backup.

If you visit the Chat link provided previously, there you will see Digital Modes chatroom which would be ideal for MS liaison.  I could make a specific room just for MS if it came to that, or a new room for any other specific use, if the demand was there.

The major issue is to advise all VK / ZL / ... amateurs that a chat option is available here before - and after - the 25th March 2019. That is the difficult bit.

I don't even have to integrate the current chat software support into this Forum although doing so would make it harder for spammers or illicit users to access to post their rubbish.  Integration would mean that only registered Forum users would be able to access the chat rooms by using their Forum credentials. Forum registration is relatively easy - though not instantaneous - so one shouldn't try to get a login activated 5 minutes before sked times.

'Dumbing down' is best reserved for another topic.

Re your VentraIP hosting offer, a good alternative if our current Forum hosting expires.

Doug
Doug VK4ADC @ QG62LG51
http://www.vk4adc.com

This Forum is only going to be as interesting as the posts it contains. 
If you have a comment or question, post it as it may trigger or answer the query in someone else's mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by VK4ADC - 28-01-2019, 08:30 AM
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by ZL3MF - 05-04-2019, 05:04 AM
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by VK2WP - 31-03-2019, 11:12 AM
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by ZL3MF - 01-04-2019, 07:42 AM