VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019
Oh dear, I seem to have upset Adam again:

http://www.vklogger.com/forum/viewtopic....3&start=20

"There are currently five, yes five, people (that I know of) who have indicated they are attempting to create a "replacement".

Only two of these five bothered to contact me regarding any advice I can pass on, functionality, and eventually data migration/hand-over.
These two creators, who wish to remain anonymous, have had the various SQL table structures for a number of weeks to help assist fast-track their projects.

Only one of these will get all the historical data, to prevent an obvious idiotic situation.

This thread is going to be closed off in the meantime, until the replacement(s) is/are ready for live testing.

Stay tuned.

ps
Anyone attempting to provide a chat only system is clearly oblivious to KST Chat, which would be counter productive in fragmenting an already declining pool of users."

Well I am not oblivious to the ON4KST Chat but IF the replacement for the VKLogger iChat does not get off the ground by the nominal 25th March 2019, what facility are VK & ZL users going to use for local coordination ?  Even just some local chat like I saw on the iChat window a few minutes ago ??  Would other users world-wide want that clogging up KST ?  Probably not.

The simple chat rooms on AHRDF.NET are a temporary facility that were implemented to provide for the absence of iChat (or its replacement) but I am half tempted to leave them as a permanent facility.  Certainly there have only been a handful of users logged into this chat so far but it is the user's choice as to whether to utilise it or something else (provided that something else still exists).. 

Do I care if it doesn't get used ?? No, not really.  If people use it then it uses a little of the monthly internet bandwidth allocation but costs no more, no less.   
That "declining pool" gets to make their own choice.

I can't post these comments against the VKLogger thread because it is locked off but probably at least one AHRDF forum user will copy and paste into an email to Adam..

P.S. Oh yeah, my ego is pretty well under control.
Doug VK4ADC @ QG62LG51
http://www.vk4adc.com

This Forum is only going to be as interesting as the posts it contains. 
If you have a comment or question, post it as it may trigger or answer the query in someone else's mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by VK4ADC - 25-02-2019, 12:02 PM
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by ZL3MF - 05-04-2019, 05:04 AM
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by VK2WP - 31-03-2019, 11:12 AM
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by ZL3MF - 01-04-2019, 07:42 AM