VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019
Well it's the 23rd of April and by the wording on VKLogger, it is set to be turned off tomorrow - the 24th April. What time - don't know - but it may be a good time for a final visit today so you can recall the options it provided.

It will be sad / annoying / ...  to see it go after so many years of helping particularly VK & ZL amateurs figure out where propagation is - or isn't - happening, or managing skeds for MS etc.  It has been a useful tool for many, me included, but there will be other options arise. Adam has provided  tremendous service to the amateur community with the provision of the facility over so many years.

The 'new' news:

I am aware of one alternative Australian "logger" and "chat" facility that is on-line and being debugged as I type this. It is not yet 'public' but I was given the opportunity to have a look around it a few days ago and it looks promising as a virtual replacement for VKLogger.  It looks different & feels different but has mapping, spotting, chat and other options like beacons at present. Other options may be added over time. It will be a case of wait and see.

It may not be using the VKLOGGER.COM domain name (as I understand it) when it becomes available for public access, but you can be sure you will be able to find the details here on this Forum very early after it is made public. 

Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement in due course.
Doug VK4ADC @ QG62LG51
http://www.vk4adc.com

This Forum is only going to be as interesting as the posts it contains. 
If you have a comment or question, post it as it may trigger or answer the query in someone else's mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by ZL3MF - 05-04-2019, 05:04 AM
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by VK2WP - 31-03-2019, 11:12 AM
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by ZL3MF - 01-04-2019, 07:42 AM
RE: VKLogger - End of Life - 25 March 2019 - by VK4ADC - 23-04-2019, 07:27 AM