Forum : Tapatalk access has been switched off temporarily
Lou

I have just uploaded the latest release of Tapatalk over the previous one and activated it.  I will check in a few days and see what/how the error log is showing, as (/if) users start utilising that option.

If it again shows the style of errors seen previously then the only way I can actually 'fix' Tapatalk is to virtually crash the whole Forum software and rebuild from scratch with it based on the most recent release of MYBB and then import the current database. Then add the plugins, go through the system configuration etc.. Needless to say I am reluctant to do this as it could take me anything up to a couple of days to get it back to 'normal'. Even then I suspect that custom things like avatars will be lost.

Back a few sub-versions ago, MYBB removed some database fields but Tapatalk still wants to use them - and it is this that causes the errors and a quickly growing error log. I don't want to randomly move the code away from the standard distributions as that will cause me grief every time there is an update.

It may be disabled again in a few days - but that depends on accumulating errors.

Doug
Doug VK4ADC @ QG62LG51
http://www.vk4adc.com

This Forum is only going to be as interesting as the posts it contains. 
If you have a comment or question, post it as it may trigger or answer the query in someone else's mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forum : Tapatalk access has been switched off temporarily - by VK4ADC - 09-05-2019, 03:17 PM