Proposed changes to amateur licence conditions
I don't see that either the WIA or RASA have proposed changing the three classes of licence to one. The ACMA just made the comment that allowing all classes to have access to all amateur service frequencies (which neither the WIA or RASA proposed) would "muddy the waters" between the different classes of licence:

Quote:However, we understand that this would have the effect of reducing differentiation between the Foundation, Standard and Advanced licence levels.

As there appears to be widespread support to retain the hierarchical licence level structure, the ACMA is consulting on this change to assist in ACMA decision-making. The ACMA invites comment on allowing Foundation, Standard and Advanced licensees to use all frequency bands allocated to the Amateur service.

Quote:I've held off upgrading my license for some years now waiting on this license change. I didnt want to spend a heap of money only to find they changed the F call to what i consider useful.

Perhaps you shouldn't have held off ... an upgrade via the AMC will now cost considerably more than when the WIA managed examinations Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposed changes to amateur licence conditions - by VK3RX - 30-06-2019, 01:50 PM
RE: Proposed changes to amateur licence conditions - by VK5ZD - 28-09-2019, 09:45 AM