Proposed changes to amateur licence conditions
Hello Colin & Wayne,

I think I may have been misread/misinterpreted.  I don't think I ever said or intimated I was worried or predicted the sky would fall in...???

Firstly I wondered what affect it might have on reciprocal licensing.  The second point was there appears such little differentiation between licence classes in the consultation paper, why would anyone bother continuing with the bureaucracy of three licence classes, when all that separates them is most cases is a title - A bit like flat whites, lattes and cappuccinos.

We all know or have heard of F calls who exploit the loopholes as things have stood; Operating an Advanced club callsign from home on 20M, operating on DMR as an LIPD, buying linear amplifiers and others.  Quite correctly the sky hasn't fallen in from any of this.

As for updating the Foundation syllabus to reflect any changes, I wouldn't think it would take too much to just change the title of the current Standard syllabus, as we streamline things and make it easy on everyone.

It will be interesting to see how many Foundation and Standard licence holders hold off upgrading as there is little incentive to progress and increase knowledge and instead of acting as a stepping stone as it was originally intended it becomes an end point. Next interesting observation will be how many completely new licencees it might attract and/or if equipment sales increase...?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposed changes to amateur licence conditions - by VK6LD - 30-06-2019, 10:18 PM
RE: Proposed changes to amateur licence conditions - by VK5ZD - 28-09-2019, 09:45 AM