Proposed changes to amateur licence conditions
The word that springs to my mind is "underwhelming."  I was expecting the most exciting shake up and modernization of AR in its history Sad I seems that the ACMA has only made a fraction of the changes that they proposed and many of those were supported by the AR community.  Confused

The changes to the foundation license are welcome, but nothing has been done about the major issue which is the ridiculous low power limit.  10w might be OK in the UK, where the idea of a FL came from, but with the size of Australia it is just stupid. The use of the more efficient digital modes will make a difference, but 10w is still stupid. I don't see anything about getting rid of the four-letter suffix which is going stop the use of digital modes anyway.

I cannot see why the standard license has been retained. The ACMA wants to cut down on the "administrative burden." Reducing the number of license classes to two would help with that, and we still have the silly situation of different 6m segments for standard and advanced.

Wayne VK4WDM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposed changes to amateur licence conditions - by VK4WDM - 27-09-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: Proposed changes to amateur licence conditions - by VK5ZD - 28-09-2019, 09:45 AM