my Lock down project
Hi to you all,
  during June / July 2021 we have in VK and ZL experienced unprecedented propagation into the greater EU and parts of Asia on 50 MHz.  To keep track of this activity and provide an early warning for me, I have started to use an online data warehouse called 'hamalert'
This provides notifications via a number of channels, including email and a mobile phone app.
In there is also the ability to send alerts in the form of HTTP POST or HTTP GET traffic to a private web site.  As I wanted to start to compile my own customized record of the activity from with VK to outside DXCC entities I thought I would see if I could fathom out how to create my own private datastore of spots for future reference.
So I have a web hosting package with Netorigin, which was bought out by another company ( xxx), this gives me web space, a domain name and access to multiple SQL databases I can create and customize.  Also included is the PHP scripting engine so I can write some embedded code in web pages and have that code read or write to a database.
Okay that sounds all very easy but I had never done this before as a clean sheet project.  I have fiddled with other peoples code to customize it but this was to be a a fully custom application ( Gulp ).

Grrrr having problems saving my text here as I post it, lost the last 20 minutes of typing.

I created a MySQL database on my hosted web service, assembled some PHP code (mostly cobbled together from others code) and tested.. I can now view the last 20 DX spots from my database at this web address : https://vk5pj.com/php/read-last20.php

more as I progress.
Peter Sumner, vk5pj

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill

Messages In This Thread
my Lock down project - by VK5PJ - 26-07-2021, 08:58 AM
RE: my Lock down project - by VK2ZRH - 26-07-2021, 11:15 AM
RE: my Lock down project - by VK5PJ - 30-07-2021, 03:40 PM
RE: my Lock down project - by VK2AZ - 06-08-2021, 10:44 AM