my Lock down project
Following on from the 1st post, the feed of data I receive is customised by the Hamalert web system before I receive it, In this way I do not have to do that part of data filtering myself.

In essence, the data coming to me is, any VK or ZL that works any DXCC entitiy other than VK, ZL or JA will get sent to my database.
I deliberately chose to filter out contacts with Japan as they are usually plentiful and would be just a distraction from the intended purpose,
which is getting to 100 countries confirmed on 50 MHz.

For those who may want to use the database as it grows in size, there is link that gives a CSV style output which you can massage to your hearts content: https://vk5pj.com/php/readdb-csv.php

For my project I have a PHP page that process the HTTP POST data from Hamalert and this puts it into the database automatically and the other scripts are all about formatting the data for humans to read. Each of these scripts will no doubt evolve over time and I am open to constructive ideas from others.

My only regret is that I waited till the end of the activity to get this going and it is now sitting idle...  I wish I had done this back in May and
it would have been wonderful to have a log of all the happenings VK wide.

It will be interesting to see how it performs over our summer Es season and the eventual upturn of the solar cycle (yes I am counting my chickens early)
Peter Sumner, vk5pj

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill

Messages In This Thread
my Lock down project - by VK5PJ - 26-07-2021, 08:58 AM
RE: my Lock down project - by VK2ZRH - 26-07-2021, 11:15 AM
RE: my Lock down project - by VK5PJ - 30-07-2021, 03:40 PM
RE: my Lock down project - by VK2AZ - 06-08-2021, 10:44 AM