2023 Spring VHF/UHF Field Day November 25th & 26th
G'day All,

You'd be aware that the Spring VHF/UHF Field Day Weekend is coming up over the weekend of the 25th & 26th of November.

Given the elevated activity over the past six months, particularly in the eastern states, as well as the proliferation of new gear as well as newcomers and returnees, I suspect the Spring FD will be a belter, particularly in VK2, VK3, VK4, VK7 plus I'm sure the Microwave Mafia in VK5 will be keen to get amongst it as well as the other states.

I've heard that quite a number of uWave retirees in VK3 are going to make a comeback.

If the string of Microwave Activity Days over the past six months in various states are anything to go by, I'm tipping it's going to be a target rich environment compared to recent years.

So blow the dust of that gear, give it a quick tweak, shoehorn everything into your vehicle, head for your favorite brokeback mountain and work as many stations that you can from 6m and upwards.

Post here what your plans are.

Keep an eye on the VK-Spotter... Vk Spotter

Post your location on the Contest Radar... Contest Radar

Finally, don't forget to have plenty of fun and laughs with your mates along the way and remember what happens on the FD weekend, stays on the FD weekend... unless it's a really good yarn!

Cheers,
Nik
VK3BA
Bannockburn
QF21BW
https://www.qrz.com/db/VK3BA

Messages In This Thread
2023 Spring VHF/UHF Field Day November 25th & 26th - by VK3BA - 12-10-2023, 09:17 PM