ADS-B Receivers needed - AirScout Aircraft Scatter Software
Good morning all,

Just as an update, I've been in contact with Thomas and he has now set up a test server for Australian ADS-B data feeds.

He said that he will start getting in contact with the people that have emailed him next week (11-15 Dec 23) and provide details on how/where to send the feed data too. Then we'll be able to test the data and the integration into AirScout. If you don't hear from Thomas, or would like contribute and feed your data to the server, contact Thomas at this email address - eriksen @ ov3t . dk

Thomas says '. If it's success to all of you, we can keep it running and in the future it could be based on private donations to keep the webhosting running (I’m talking small amounts here). Remember in doing this to keep the ham spirit alive and make it work for all of us.'

There is a cost associated with the server, but as Thomas said the donation would be very small (think 1-5 Euro), which I think is very reasonable.

So far interest has been shown from people in the Melb, Canberra and Central Coast areas. Ideally, a receiver Sydney/Blue Mountains, Wagga, Albury, Moss Vale areas to fill in some gaps would be perfect. Remember, feeding data to Thomas' server is just a matter of adding an extra feed address into your ADS-B receiver (you can still feed the data to your normal destination as well!) and AirScout for many Hams will be running reliability again.

For those thinking about building a receiver, it can be as simple as using a Pi Zero W, and SDR dongle and home brew 1/4 groundplane antenna.

If you have any questions, please reach out.

Jayson
VK1JA

Messages In This Thread
RE: ADS-B Receivers needed - AirScout Aircraft Scatter Software - by VK1JA - 10-12-2023, 03:36 PM