Microwave display - Ballarat Amateur Radio Group Hamvention - Sunday 4th Feb 2024
G’day All,

This is another reminder to anyone interested in contributing to the Microwave display at the Ballarat Hamvention on the 4th Feb 2024

I’ve booked two tables worth of space to set up a display of microwave gear for all and sundry to get some ideas.

I’m inviting anyone who has some microwave gear, to bring it along to display, to help encourage some newbies to the microwave bands. The stand will be supervised at all times. Bring along your single band or multiple band gear. Bring it along to give someone some ideas. The idea of this display is to promote the microwave bands and give interested people some ideas of how to go about it. If you have some gear from Kuhne, SG-Labs, DEMI, etc or totally homebrew like Rob VK3KRD or Alan Vk3XPD, bring it along. If you have a single band or something like the VK3ALB Panel of Power, bring it along. Give some newbies some ideas. If you’re into Amateur TV, bring your gear along. The more the merrier.

I’ve got Icom Australia and Amateur Radio Victoria on board. My idea is to promote microwave radio and the VK3RBA linked repeater system sponsored by Amateur Radio Vic. I hope to have some active video displays from Andrew VK3FS in rotation as well as some hand outs for anyone interested in getting active on the microwave bands.

I’d love to have as many as people as possible to bring along their microwave gear to put on display to give everyone some ideas on getting active on the microwave bands. If we run out of space, that’s not a bad problem to have. I’m hoping to take some good pics and ask Andrew VK3FS to take some video to perhaps put an article together for the AR-Magazine to promote microwave radio.

Cheers,

Nik Presser
VK3BA
Nik
VK3BA
Bannockburn
QF21BW
https://www.qrz.com/db/VK3BA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Microwave display - Ballarat Amateur Radio Group Hamvention - Sunday 4th Feb 2024 - by VK3BA - 27-12-2023, 10:36 PM