Power bills, we all hate them?
Hi fellow forum readers,
  I have for a long time now cringed each time a power bill arrived from our retailer (one of the big nation wide ones).  Over the years I have tried all sorts of strategies to lower our power bill, some bad, (trying to go off grid for the shack with some deep cycle batteries) and some good ones (fitting a Teslar battery after I nearly burnt the shack down with the deep cycle batteries).

No matter what I try we always seem to be paying out for power even though we have no reverse cycle AC and have a wood fire for winter.  I guess me running the HAM shack gear 24/7 is a big part of my problem LOL.

I ran across an advert for a power company with a difference, where they let you access the WHOLESALE power market and you get to buy power when its cheap and sell back from your battery when power prices are High, all to YOUR advantage not the power companies profit.

In many ways for people who have a good glob of Solar and Battery storage this model of power usage is a great way to make the market work for you.  Now I have no affiliation other than being an aspiring customer.  I have a friend a few kilometres away (also a HAM) who has been with them for a little while now and has only good things to say about this company (will not drop any names here).

So do you have grid connected Solar at home, a Grid connected storage battery and feel like you could be doing more with this equipment other than making profits for your power company? 

Sorry if this sounds like a sales pitch but I wanted to try and convey the idea that we can do better with what a lot of us have already, I will not include the name of the company directly in here but will link a video about the how wholesale power works, from that you will be able to see their name in the video.

https://www.yout-ube.com/watch?v=tYyM7Nf9EZw

Wholesale power on Youtube 

Oh if your wondering why there is a '-' in the URL between the T and U in youtube, well that fools their playback to not include adverts Big Grin give it a go on other youtube videos and see the difference it makes.

Dear Mr senior Admin, if this is bad content, please remove it.
Peter Sumner, vk5pj

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill

Messages In This Thread
Power bills, we all hate them? - by VK5PJ - 29-09-2024, 01:23 PM
RE: Power bills, we all hate them? - by VK3RX - 29-09-2024, 05:53 PM
RE: Power bills, we all hate them? - by VK5PJ - 29-09-2024, 10:09 PM
RE: Power bills, we all hate them? - by VK5TM - 30-09-2024, 11:23 AM