WSJT-X and JTDX .adi files
Hello All,

I am considering having a play with JTDX, in the spirit of experimentation and self-learning...

After installing it, I realised that it will be a blank sheet - there will be no record of previous QSOs and therefore JT Alerts will not warn of "B4" contacts.

I gather JTDX uses logfiles with the same names as WSJT-X so you can copy the files between applications. While this will work it seems problematic to me.

Has anyone tried to use a Windows hard symbolic link to fool JTDX into using the file in the WSJT-X folder?

A hard symbolic link *should* work unless the application is doing some oddball stuff - I think it is unlikely as the .adi files are simple text files.

The only other issue I can see is if JTDX and WSJT-X were trying to use the file concurrently. This is unlikely as I struggle to use one application at a time, so running both won't be a thing.

Can it be done?

A supplementary question or two.

WSJT-X creates two log files wsjt-x_log.adi and wsjt-x.log with similar content. The .log file does not have the adif headers.

Does JTDX create both files? Which leads to the question; would it need two symbolic links?

It appears JTDX doesn't create any log files until it is up and running, so I can't simply look to see if it has both files.
Colin
Barossa Valley, SAP. PF95ln
(aka VK5CSW)