has anyone had any luck using IRC's in VK?
Looking for advice from those who have more experience with QSL-ing than I have.  In the past I had collected a huge number of the OLD IRC's from contacts with JA stations on SIX but must admit I never tried to use any, then all of the older ones went end-of-life so just put them in the house fire one night.

I have recently received a few of the modern IRC's from some JA stations and thought I would try and use one as an experiment.  My local Australia Post outlet tried to scan it a number of times and then told me with some authority, if it does not scan they cannot accept it.

Now I know VK is a part of the International Post agreements (forgive me I cannot recall its proper name) so it makes me wonder if others have found a way to make use of IRC's when posting QSL's overseas?
Peter Sumner, vk5pj

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
(23-06-2024, 02:32 PM)VK5PJ Wrote: Looking for advice from those who have more experience with QSL-ing than I have.  In the past I had collected a huge number of the OLD IRC's from contacts with JA stations on SIX but must admit I never tried to use any, then all of the older ones went end-of-life so just put them in the house fire one night.

I have recently received a few of the modern IRC's from some JA stations and thought I would try and use one as an experiment.  My local Australia Post outlet tried to scan it a number of times and then told me with some authority, if it does not scan they cannot accept it.

Now I know VK is a part of the International Post agreements (forgive me I cannot recall its proper name) so it makes me wonder if others have found a way to make use of IRC's when posting QSL's overseas?

Gday Pete

I swapped  1 fresh  iRC at my local PO a few months ago.

BUT

Initially they refused to have anything to do with it so i phoned the aust post complaints line and spoke to a lady who was very helpful and emailed them to tell them how to do it 

Once they were told how to do it it was easy, they followed the ladies info.

She also gave me a reference number to quote at my local PO

I think the current IRCs expire 30 dec 2024?

It is printed on each one when they expire

Swap for a stamp for postage to any country in the world

Air mail to JA is cheaper than to brazil etc.

There is a section in the latest postal guide on IRC but it does not tell the local what to do to exchange.

If you phone complaints , quote the postal guide section.

She actually phoned me back which was a huge shock coming from AP  HI 

cherrs vk6ro

e&oe

International Reply Coupons page   34

https://auspost.com.au/content/dam/auspo...ms11.pdf34
Watch out for expiry dates, after a dxpedition I ended up a pile of expired IRCs that the post office or other hams wouldn’t accept….
Hi Graham,
sounds like you put them through the ringer, will have to try that myself as the P.O staff member seemed pretty sure of themselves, or maybe that's a defense they are taught, when all else fails tell the customer "the computer says NO" (quote from the Little Britain TV show).

Okay, VK3IH (no name given) I will check the expiry dates carefully before presenting them to the P.O
Peter Sumner, vk5pj

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill