VK Radio Repairs (A bouquet)
On the afternoon of Monday the 16th (about 14:30 local) I ordered some parts from VK Radio Repairs in Keilor East, Victoria.

At about 09:00 (local) this morning (Wednesday the 18th) I received a notification from Aust Post that the package was ready for collection here in regional South Australia.

A bloody good effort - kudos to VK Radio Repairs!
Colin
Barossa Valley, SAP. PF95ln
(aka VK5CSW)
I'll second that.  

A few months back I was chasing a new LCD display for a Yaesu VX7R (now about 20 years old, had since new) and somehow Guy had one available, shipped it within days, and it now proudly resides within a fully-functional handheld.

I am not exactly sure what other product lines he handles - other than Yaesu - but he is a helpful type and may get you out of trouble..
https://www.vkradio.com.au/  or  give him a call.

Doug
Doug VK4ADC @ QG62LG51
http://www.vk4adc.com

This Forum is only going to be as interesting as the posts it contains. 
If you have a comment or question, post it as it may trigger or answer the query in someone else's mind.
Do you think Australia Post should get some praise too?
73 Nev  VK3LU
QF22rs
VK3LUDo you think Australia Post should get some praise too?

Nah

To us here in VK6  W.A means "wait awhile"

An ordinary letter from melbourne or canberra can take 10 to 13 working days [thats working days not including weekends] so in theory it could take a total  of 17 calendar days 

Zero praise for Aust post from us over here.

More than 1 private letter from canberra or melbourne has taken 10 to 13 working days

cheers

graham vk6ro

e&oe
Well, given Australia Post do not do do roadside mail deliveries to large swathes of South Australia, even those in regional centres and then charge us for the privilege of having a PO Box, that many places do not deliver to, then no. They truly do not deserve any kudos.

To further rub salt into the would, to overcome the issue with PO Box deliveries, we can get a pretend address at the local Post Office. For a price...
Colin
(aka VK5CSW)
Ah well, I thought 2 days to get to you was reasonable.
I was wrong.
73 Nev  VK3LU
QF22rs
Except as I have to pay for the privilege of getting mail deliveries, while the vast majority of the country get someone delivering it to their house for free and I still have to drive into town to collect my mail, my expectations of the service from Australia Post are somewhat higher.
Colin
(aka VK5CSW)
Point taken. I suppose those of us that do get delivery should be grateful for that. But only letters are delivered, parcels must be picked up at the PO.
73 Nev  VK3LU
QF22rs
We likewise have to have a PO Box and using c/o Post Office as an address is not advisable here (to keep the Postmistress happy).

Our local PO is also the drop off point for several non AusPost carriers and we have to pay extra for that privilege now.

Delivery times !! - I've had 3 weeks to get something from Adelaide, just 200km away in the past, now it runs 3 days to a week depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Considering what postage costs these days, kudos for AUPost - no!
Terry VK5TM
https://www.vk5tm.com