A "licence" document for Australian amateurs
A "licence" document for Australian amateurs
Bit disappointing to see that thus far only 332 out of - as far as I am aware - around 15,000 amateurs on the books have signed the petition.

Petition EN6254 - Restoration of a validation document to authorised amateur radio operators
(01-06-2024, 11:26 AM)VK3RX Wrote: Bit disappointing to see that thus far only 332 out of - as far as I am aware - around 15,000 amateurs on the books have signed the petition.

Petition EN6254 - Restoration of a validation document to authorised amateur radio operators

Other than a couple of social media posts, how is the information regarding the petition being disseminated?

I would hazard a guess that most of the 15,000 are not a demographic that uses social media, so how would they possibly know it exists?
Colin
Barossa Valley, SAP. PF95ln
(aka VK5CSW)
Or use forums such as this.

And by the time it got around by 'word of mouth', it would be long closed.
Terry VK5TM
https://www.vk5tm.com
Good Morning and thankyou for the reminder here regarding the petition. I myself was not aware of this until I was just reading your messages here.

I have just authorised my details and signed too.

Thank-you once again!

George.
VK6NKG
It's a pity, Damien, that you didn't provide some salient context, such as this posting closely following Andy's petition: 

LICENCE/QUALIFICATION DOCs
From the WIA script for the 2 May VK1WIA broadcast - President, Scott Williams VK3KJ:
"Finally, the WIA has also raised the concerns about suitable identification documents being provided to radio amateurs that confirm their rights to use the class licence and their qualification and associated callsigns. We have some way to go with our ACMA discussions on these points and will continue to work on these in the coming meetings with the ACMA."
So, it is already on the agenda. Here's hoping that the ACMA, like the Blues Brothers, "See the light!!"
https://www.wia.org.au/.../broadcast/wia...isplay.php...
Roger: I wasn't aware of the WIA action, until just listening to the latest WIA broadcast  Smile

Good to hear multiple approaches to the ACMA are happening.
On a side note, the ACMA database is still up and you are able to get a PDF copy of your station license from there, unsure how much longer it will stay around for : https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/register_sea...dispatcher

Might be worth the effort to get it now before the petition closes as no one can be certain if the petition will be successful.
Peter Sumner, vk5pj

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
Just to be clear, the one concerted "approach" to the ACMA is that from the WIA, which was onto it from the start (along with raising other unintended/unforseen consequences upon launch of the class licence); there are a number of individuals who've raised the issue on their own behalf upon discovering the drawback of lacking a licence document, including yours truly.
(02-06-2024, 10:59 AM)VK3RX Wrote: Roger: I wasn't aware of the WIA action, until just listening to the latest WIA broadcast  Smile

Good to hear multiple approaches to the ACMA are happening.
Hello Roger,
I do not want to appear as a WIA basher but I for one are more than happy to see multiple representations on this matter. The ACMA appear to be driven by "the budget" and little else, to have pressure from a parliamentary petition will drive home that their implementation of class licenses, has been a dogs breakfast when questions come from the minister on why this petition exist.
Peter Sumner, vk5pj

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill