star date 89042.1 (2035-07) LOTW makes a return
Welcome to star date 89042.1 [July 2035], yes sorry for the star trek reference, when today the ARRL announces the return of the LOTW service for QSO verification, sadly this is also the day that Donald Trump Junior announces an executive order that declares HAM RADIO as a social media outlet.  In this executive order, the content of all voice contacts must be run through and AI engine owned by Elon Musk junior before being aired. This effectively makes all real time voice contacts via HAMS's in the USA a felony crime.  Angel

On a brighter note the membership of the WIA and the RSGB sky rockets as the USA hams seek to apply for a license via their portals. Cool

I hope this brings you a smile as on air activity seems to be at a low ebb.
Peter Sumner, vk5pj

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
Where is that "Like" button?
Hilary, VK2AZ QF56IF31
Person to blame for VKSpotter
Yep. What he said. Where is that "like" button? Big Grin Rolleyes Tongue
Star date 89715.4 (2036-04) After weeks of frantic activity at ARRL headquarters, the newly elected president of the ARRL (Tim Allen KK6OTD) announced today April 1st that the ARRL was relocating its operational base to Canada. This comes after weeks of protests at the ARRL head quarters by angry HAM's on the lack of support from the ARRL, over the recent executive order from the US President. 

In a surprise announcement from the US government, the borders with Canada and Mexico have been closed to stem the on-mass exodus of the US's brightest minds, seeking to retain their much loved Heart hobby

In a not so surprising announcement, a spokesperson for the US president stated this was all 'fake news' and that the President will make America great again, again, again Big Grin if re-elected
Peter Sumner, vk5pj

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill
Gees, You must be REALLY bored Peter.
Lets hope 6m propagation picks up so you can redirect your talents back to radio :-)
Hilary, VK2AZ QF56IF31
Star date 90920.2 (June 2037) Today in a mid year earnings report, a spokes person for VKSPOTTER.COM pty ltd announced that the meteoric rise in online virtual contesting via the VKSPOTTER platform (now it 30 countries and 12 languages), since the ban on HAM radio actives in the USA, has seen the company explode in size. The spokes person went on to say that both Hilary and Tim are extremely proud of where their fledgling project has taken them to and now plan to retire and let the AI engine to continue running the contests and creating new DXCC identities for contest activities. 

The spokes person went on to say, the projected profit growth will see these two gents climb into the Forbes magazine top 20 'rich dudes' by the end of the year.  This stellar growth has necessitated a move of the extensive server farm that is needed to service these 'contests' to the newly formed tax haven of Tasmania, where recently, the heat signature from the server farm made it into the top 10 hot spots seen from the now very old international space station, which is soon to be replaced by the 'Harrison' space port.

-
-
-

End Announcement and my last bit of fiction for now Big Grin hope I have not offended anyone, if so I will remove it.
Peter Sumner, vk5pj

- Winston Churchill
I wish!

I have been playing with AI though.
Thinking of ways to train an LLM specifically in aspects of Ham Radio.
Who knows...

My better half keeps telling me I need to create something that makes money rather than spending my time maintaining VKSpotter :-)
Hilary, VK2AZ QF56IF31