Mike VK3AVV - VKCL developer - SK
Mike VK3AVV, developer of the popular VKCL contest logging program, passed away on 5 January 2022 after a long battle with cancer.

Undoubtedly, the wider amateur fraternity will miss Mike’s particular skills, especially those contesters who have benefitted from his logging programs  over the past 20 years and log-checking software in more recent years.

Mike was an enthusiastic supporter of the VHF-UHF Field Days, especially joining the multi-operator team of VK3ER from the Eastern and Mountain District Amateur Radio Club in Melbourne, where he was a member.

Personally, I worked with Mike when he stepped-up to the plate to support the WIA VHF-UHF Field Days in 2014 after I was 'awarded' the task of managing them. I met him at one of the GippsTech Conferences (now in suspension due to the Covid pandemic situation). 

Valé Mike VK3AVV.
73, Roger Harrison VK2ZRH
How very sad,
I worked Mike many times during contests, and of course have been using his fantastic logging software for many years.

A big loss to our Hobby.
Hilary, VK2AZ QF56IF31
Person to blame for VKSpotter
Thanks Hilary.

It was a pleasure to work with Mike and it was a pleasure to use VKCL. I can appreciate VKCL's popularity from both a contestant's and a contest manager's point of view.
73, Roger Harrison VK2ZRH